||Producer/Director - Polyglot Productions, Seattle, WA
(1994 to 1997):
- a small theatre collective committed to the
production of original works which address social, multicultural, and/or
gender issues from impartial perspectives.
- Produced and directed a production of Chief Joseph and the Measuring
Women by Dr. Kenn
Pierson: a docudrama adapted from the words of Chief Joseph, Alice
Fletcher, and Jane Gay written during the allocation of the Nez Perce
Reservation in Idaho.
- Primary negotiator with the Nez
Perce Indian Nation and other interested parties in mounting a
production of Chief Joseph and the Measuring Women on the Nez Perce
| Artistic Director/Co-Founder - Serpent's
Tooth Theatre, Ann Arbor, MI (1987 - 1993):
- a small, professional non-profit 501(c)3 theatre organization
specifically incorporated to produce contemporary American drama, employ
young theatre artists in a variety of theatre disciplines, and develop and
showcase original works.
Representative Administrative: Responsibilities: Vice-President,
Board of Directors - Serpent's Tooth Theatre
- Co-authored Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, and
Mission Statement and recruited individuals for a six-member Board of
- Co-developed and co-authored a 200-page proposal for
residency at a community college facility which included economic
feasibility, market, and demographic studies.
- Developed organizational operating procedures.
- Developed production budgets for five seasons, secured
state Charitable Solicitations License, and co-authored numerous grant
proposals in an effort to obtain federal, state, local, and private
House Fire, by F. Kinch
Still Life, by Emily Mann
Responsibilities: Artistic Director - Serpent's Tooth Theatre
- Provided artistic leadership for five seasons of
contemporary and original American plays.
- Directed and designed six mainstage productions.
- Recruited theatre production staffs comprised of artists,
student interns, and volunteers.
- Coordinated Educational Outreach and Internship programs,
stressing educational opportunities in productions.
- Developed Playwrights' Program, providing script
development and production opportunities for new playwrights.
- Coordinated Audience Enrichment Program, featuring
post-show symposia, lobby vendors, and lobby displays for non-profit
organizations whose missions pertained to production topics.
Associate General Manager - Serpent's Tooth Theatre,
Ann Arbor, MI
- Shared responsibilities with General Manager in
developing marketing campaigns for 5 seasons of American plays.
- Generated ad copy, coordinated group sales, and
formulated advance ticket sales, including season ticket packages.
- Secured production sponsorships and program
- Co-authored and provided layout/design for theatre
newsletter (Serpentimes), souvenir production programs, and other theatre
- Negotiated contracts for three rental facilities and
production ensemble members.
- Developed plan for becoming a production company
sanctioned by Actors Equity Association.
Josie!, Dr. by Kenn Pierson
Created 3.4.98 - Last Updated: 5.3.99